Travel insurance while outside your home country

by Sam

Question: I am a UK citizen currently in Australia, I have been away out of the UK for 18 months and my travel insurance has run out. Do you know of any companies that offer cover for people not in their own country? I have look at but their quote is about 4 times more than the first policy I had.


Answer: Hey Sam, I've been researching the net for an hour now, and the only options I can find are World Nomad, Down Under and Worldwide Insure.

Here's a post from Thorn Tree about these three options. You're apparently not alone :-) Thorn Tree: Travel Insurance whilst outside your home country

Purchasing travel insurance while abroad

Worldwide Insure


Click here to read or post comments.

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How?
Simply click here to return to Forum: Miscallenous

These books will help you
get started with your backpacking planning
and they offer practical and useful backpacking tips:

Search this site

Return to top

Amanda V. at Google+